Monday, February 6, 2012

Mint is It!


I was first attracted to these delicious mint chocolate chip cookies not from all their claims of yummy and deliciousness. No. I was attracted to them because of their color. Sad, isn’t it?

Not that I’m not a huge mint fan. In the old days, my big sister used to take me to Cold Stone Creamery once a week after school for a sweet treat, and Like It Mint was my sole order. “Are you sure you don’t want to try another flavor?” my sister would often question as she experimented with peanut butter, cookie dough, and exotic fruit flavors with mix-ins galore. No, mint was it for me.

Anyway, aside from already loving mint-flavored goodies, the looks of these cookies really caught my eye. I’m a sucker for the kind of food that looks so good that you feel guilty eating it away. Not that these cookies are like the delicacies you see on Cake Boss, but they aren’t just your average oatmeal raisin either.

Green is the Theme
These are a few of my favorites that inspired my love.

Jeffery has always been number one on my list, but these have risen even higher above my expectations! Find them here

 
This jewelry set is absolutely gorgeous. Available at Urban Outfitters


Not exactly mint green but more of a Tiffany blue! Regardless, green is the theme and this color is AH-MAZING! Find it here


Another handmade favorite, couldn’t resist! But it here.

Cookies, Anyone?

And now for the recipe! It’s faster than you can say, “Betty Crocker is my hero.” 

1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
6 to 8 drops green food color
1 egg
1 cup creme de menthe baking chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks

Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, extract, food color and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in creme de menthe baking chips and chocolate chunks.

Using small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop dough 2 inches apart
on ungreased cookie sheet.


Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes; remove from
cookie sheet to wire rack. Serve warm or cool completely. Store
tightly covered at room temperature.

love, jenny

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks like a fabulous recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. St. Patty's Day is coming up and these cookies look delicious

    ReplyDelete