Monday, February 20, 2012

February Fabulousness

****************************************************************
February has been the perfect opportunity to fulfill much of my long-overdue doses of inspiration! I want to start off with the most important day this month - today! No, not because it’s President’s Day and I get to enjoy the day off. Even more importantly, today is my baby's tenth birthday! That’s right. Ten years ago today our precious baby Carly was born. That little bundle of joy is even older than I was when she came into our lives! (Okay, she’s not always a bundle of joy, but tell me it’s hard not to smile back at that face!)



****************************************************************
Another accomplishment made this month - the 5K! My sister, her boyfriend and I participated in a 5K race this weekend. I beat both of them finishing in 20 minutes! Participating in these kinds of races are a good way to donate to the community and a great motivation to exercise! Our new goal is to try to find ones to participate in every month. It’s easy to find them just by asking around in your community if you’re interested. 



****************************************************************
Has everyone fallen into the Fro-Yo craze, or is it just me? Frozen yogurt has definitely become the latest sweet treat to eat. It seems that I’ve been having it all the time recently. I think I’m obsessed! They say it’s good for you, but frankly I just love the taste. It’s soft and delicious, and feels so much lighter than ice cream. And who doesn’t love self-serve?! My love began with the Costco classic swirl, but I also love my local Yodiggity Yogurt down the street, Tutti Frutti, and Yogurtland. Sadly, there is no Pinkberry where I live, but their tart is irresistible! 
Last weekend my friend and I enjoyed the night out together, and of course decided to end the night with some good ol’ frozen yogurt from Yogurtland. I’d say it was a success! If you haven’t jumped onto the Fro-Yo bandwagon yet, you’re missing out! 



****************************************************************
I had to see what all the buzz was about, so I broke down and saw The Vow this weekend. The movie is definitely a disappointment. I’m not all that into sappy love stories anyway, but this movie still let me down. If you have not yet seen it, trust me that you’re not missing out on anything!



****************************************************************
I don’t know the recipe to these delicious cranberry-walnut muffins, but I’m dying to get my hands on it! They’re my best friend’s mom’s specialty, and they are dee-lish! The perfect pick-me-up on a cold February day. 



love, jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment