Sunday, February 5, 2012

Funfetti is Everywhere

Welcome to Paint it Light! This is our way of sharing the things we love. 

Batter Up!

My first love began with Funfetti. I used to think my mother invented Funfetti because it always magically appeared out of our tiny, sixties style kitchen right around my birthday each year. Then I discovered her secret and realized Pillsbury was genius. It was my favorite. And as I’ve grown up, not much has changed. So when I saw this recipe on The Pursuit of Hippieness I knew that I was going to fall in love all over again. What better way to endure the winter gloom than with some Funfetti cake batter fudge. 


Funfetti Inspiration

Etsy Abstract Art Print & The Change
8 x 10 by AeropagitaPrints
Limited Edition – "Pink, Heart, Love”

Kate Spade New York "Aubrey" wrap dress
Available here 

A shock of creamy hot pink to make Funfetti nails
Essie “Fiesta” nail polish...

...If only it were possible on the lips too!

These Funfetti bobby pin are too cute! Buy them here

Funfetti cake topper ballerinas are a cute addition to a birthday 

Funfetti Cake Batter Fudge

1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
3.5 cups white chocolate chips
3 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Almond Extract
Rainbow Sprinkles

Pour milk and white chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 2-3 minutes, or until white chocolate is almost completely melted. Do not overheat. Stir until completely blended, melted, and smooth.

Immediately add vanilla and almond and combine thoroughly. Add a handful of rainbow sprinkles and fold in quickly, because they will melt. Do not allow the sprinkles to melt by stirring them for too long or all the colors will run together.

Transfer to an aluminum-foil lined 8×8 inch baking pan or a 11x7 inch pan. I used a 11x7 inch pan for very thick fudge. Let set at room temperature or in the refrigerator (for about 3 hours).

Once set, peel off the foil and cut into cubes. Store leftovers in an airtight glass container in a cool place.


love, julie

1 comment:

  1. I was inspired by your post to do a funfetti theme for my 4 yr olds birthday party coming up in March. I already ordered her those pins. Where can I find the cake toppers?

    ReplyDelete